Saturday, April 25, 2009


For crafty critter challenge and a SU demo challenge. I have to say... I love this card. I am going to devote a class to just masking, brayering and sunset type of cards . The CCC #4 challenge was to use flowers so I used the SU Upsy Daisy set. For the demo challenge It was our fav embellishment? Who has just one favorite? I went with brads because they are so easy to use and just add that little somethin to a card.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Cricut Pool party Invite

My youngest is having a pool party for his 7th b-day. I find this hard to believe but I do not own one single stamp with a pool theme. (might have to order some from the SU occassions mini). Anyways so I reached for the old reliable and cut this from the Cricut cartridge Life's a beach. I had some extra blue plastic film from the kids Easter baskets and voila! I did not have time to do fancy layering. In the photo you will notice I found another use for toilet paper.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009


This is my egg for the crafty critter challenge. The challenge was to color egg with craft items. I did my favorite technique -embossing. The egg was stamped with the flower from baroque motifs with a versamark pad emobossed with white powder and sponged with brocade blue ink. It needed a little bling so i added little rhinestones to the middle of each flower. Two things to remember when embossing an egg. 1)It takes much longer to emboss (must not absorb or something like paper) 2)the egg gets stinken hot! It is also hard to hold the egg and emboss and i think I might have 2nd degree burns on one of my fingers. So be careful when you emboss on eggs. Otherwise I am pleased with the results. I may have to use SU ink next year on my eggs and skip buying a egg coloring kit.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Faux Leather

This is for a demo swap that I participate in monthly. This month we needed to make a collage style card. I must admit this was really hard for me to come up with an idea. Anyways, I used a faux leather technique using masking tape and the new SU sense of time stamp set. I embossed with clear powder and this is the results.